Nature's Alchemy: Eco-print Workshop
Discover the magic of Eco-print and dye your own silk and wool scarves in this full day immersion.
Eco-print (or close-contact printing) is an alchemical process that uses leaves and other vegetable matter along with paper, silk, wool or cotton to create beautiful prints. Eco-printed materials can be worn or developed into a range of artistic expressions. The process offers opportunities for personal reflection and inquiry into lived experience.
In this interactive and hands on full day workshop you will:
- Deepen your connection to the natural world and the eco-print materials through mindfulness and nature connection practices.
- Take your time, slow down and open your senses to the beauty of spring.
- Learn the basic method of eco-print and experiment with eco-printing different materials (paper, silk and wool).
- Engage in song, journaling, photography or clay work by the campfire.
- Take time to unravel your eco-print bundles in small groups, noticing the outcomes of your experiments.
Please bring your journal, a plate of vegetarian food to share, and your curiosity!
Basic materials will be provided. You are welcome to contribute natural materials including: onion skins, purple cabbage, purple carrot, and/or eucalyptus, rose, plum, maple leaves, etc.
About your facilitator:
Michelle Morgan delights in sharing the modality of eco-print with others. As a Registered Arts Therapist, Community Singing Facilitator, and Researcher/Project Officer in the area of Spiritual Care, she is passionate about creating fun, gentle and supportive spaces that allow people to create, reflect and find insight through a range of arts modalities.
To find out more about her programs, please visit:
Nature's Alchemy - Eco-Print Workshop
$130 Early bird (Before 5pm Friday 31st August)
To book, please go to: https://www.trybooking.com/XMKZ