Sustainable Living Festival
Rewilding and Traditional Skills
The Sustainable Living Festival Big Weekend now has a Rewilding, Traditional Skills and Nature Connection space!
We will have demonstrations workshops and talks going on all throughout the weekend. Come on down and check out some of the offerings:
- Learn how to start fire by friction
- Check out our mini-shelter
- Learn about the art of traditional tanning
- Get some natural mud makeup on
- Learn about traditional stone tools and fibres
- Urban Rewilding
- Nature Awareness Practices & Games
- Story telling for connection to place
- Checkout some nature curiosities on our nature table
- Nature Art- Mandala making
- Joyality and Nature Connection
- Bringing back Initiation and Rites of Passage
- Traditional Longbow Making
- Make Natural Rope
- Spoon Carving
We acknowledge that during the Sustainable Living Festival we meet play and learn on Wurrundjeri and Boon Wurrung Country. We acknowledge the the Kulin Nations as the First Peoples of this land. We thank them for caring for the land and the waterways and value the sharing of their knowledge and stories. We pay respects to their Elders: past, present and emerging. We acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded.
Hope to see you there!