The Transpersonal Psychology Interest group presents
The Psychology of Spirituality
A night with Claire Dunn and Nic Morrey
29th June 7 till 9:30pm Northcote Town Hall
• What is Spirituality? And how do we best assist spiritual development?
• What are the therapeutic benefits of integrating Western psychology’s stage focus approach with an Eastern contemplative state focus approach?
• What is spiritual bypassing? (when spirituality gets in the way of what really matters)
• How to differentiate between mysticism and madness?
• How to differentiate between times for ascending spiritual practices and the need for descent into soul – the dark centre of our individual selves and into the fruitful mysteries of nature?
• What can nature-based rites-of-passage such as Vision Quest & ceremony offer for the contemporary spiritual life?
• What are the practices of deep nature connection - and how can they lead to attributes of wholeness, empathy, deep listening and a quiet mind?
• What are the benefits of art, music, dance and eco therapy, and how do these state changing practices develop a spiritual life?
• How much meditation and breath work should we be directing within our treatment plans and which clients respond best to these mindfulness state changing techniques?
• What are the differences between IQ, EQ and the physical line of Intelligence PQ? And how do they connect to form a definition of spiritual intelligence SQ?
• What are the core values of the contemplative traditions such as Sufism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Christian and Jewish mysticism? and how to incorporate these values into your therapeutic practice?
• How can we best support clients who are interested in their dreams?
About the presenter(s)
Nic Morrey (Psychologist) brings his spirit of adventure to running local and international training programs such as 'The Psychology of Relationships’ & ‘The Psychology of Spirituality’ for personal and professional development. Nic is a trained facilitator who’s teaching style is influenced by his experiences in Hakomi, Insight Meditation, Mondo Zen, The Diamond Approach, Integral Psychotherapy, Imago, Men’s Wellbeing, Lacanian Psychoanalysis & PACT. Nic is the author of ‘The 4 Faces of Love’, a tool for finding one’s centre, spent several years running a men’s shed and is now working privately. Two years ago, Nic survived a major life changing car accident which has informed a renewed practice style and passion in his work. www.integralpsychology.org
Claire Dunn is a writer, educator and journalist. Claire worked for many years as an environmental campaigner, before studying deep ecology with Joanna Macy, eco-psychology, and wilderness survival skills. In 2010, Claire embarked on a year of bush retreat. Her recent book My Year Without Matches: Escaping the City in search of the Wild is the best-selling memoir of that journey, Claire is currently working on another memoir, this time exploring wildness in the urban landscape. Claire is a trained Dancing Freedom facilitator, and a passionate advocate for ‘rewilding’ our inner and outer landscapes. She facilitates nature-based reconnection retreats, contemporary wilderness rites of passage and individual mentoring. www.naturesapprentice.com.au